Seven Tenets of Effective Business Communication
These tenets, essentials for effective messaging apply to all marketing communications, including websites, website landing pages, advertising, direct marketing, PR writing, and trade show booth graphics.
Our team plus key client stakeholders practically guarantees 1 + 1 will = 3 & maximum marketing engagement!
- Credibility: Communication is nurtured in a climate of belief. This climate is built by the performance of the advertiser who should reflect an earnest desire to serve the receiver. In such an environment for proper branding the receiver develops a high regard for the competency of the sender. The seeds are planted for a solid brand.
- Context: An advertising/communications program must square with customer realities. Your daily business activities must confirm, not contradict, the message. The conduct and professionalism of the company precedes and can either handicap or accelerate the marketing process.
- Content: The message must have meaning and relevance for the receiver. Content determines the audience and the audience informs all dialog.
- Clarity: The message must be put in simple terms. Words used must have exactly the same meaning to the sender as they do to the receiver. Complex messages must be distilled into simpler terms, and the farther a message must travel, the simpler it should be.
- Continuity and Consistency: Communication is an unending process. It requires repetition to achieve understanding. Repetition, with variation, contributes to learning both facts and attitudes. Communication is an unending process. It requires repetition to achieve understanding. Repetition, with variation, contributes to learning both facts and attitudes.
- Channels: Use established channels of communication – channels the receiver uses and respects. Creating new channels is difficult.
- Capability: Communication must take into account the capability of the audience. Communications are most effective when they require the least effort on the part of the recipient.
Disciplined creative pays off. Allow EJW to guide your next lead generating campaign, inbound/outbound marketing project. Call 770-664-9322 or complete our contact form.